we manage your projects
Increasing employment in rural areas through tourism development
The project is implemented by Naturefriends International (Vienna, Austria) in partnership with ProNGO! (Germany), Center of Corporate Technologies (Kyrgyzstan) and PF "Coordinating and Marketing Center "Daairy".
Duration of the Project:
from 01 March 2013 to 01 March 2015
Place of implementation:
Issyk-Kul, Naryn, Talas, Osh oblasts and Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
The project goal is to support the population of Kyrgyzstan in poverty reduction through tourism development in rural areas.
The objectives of the project are:
- to create 6 (six) training and informational centers based on rural craft cooperatives;
- to train rural population in basis of product development, management, marketing and quality monitoring of services tourism industry, as well as production of tourist products, receiving skills on improving of communications;
- to train women, rural youth and local societies in order to obtain skills and knowledge on organizing training and consulting activity in tourism development;
- to train trainers in order to learn training methods и development of methodology on tourist and youth activity;
- local youth voluntary involved in tourism will obtain practical experience on protection of local environment.
- local population, especially women, will obtain an additional income и and new jobs;
- income of local societies and local population will be increased;
- new small and micro enterprises will be registered;
- cooperation between local authorities, training institutions and local business will be developed and strengthened;
- educational services of rural craft cooperatives will be improved through introduction of new training methods.
For further information refer to: ngo-at-work.org/kg