we manage your projects
Strengthening capacities of local communities in their actions towards poverty reduction (2014-2016)
The overall objective of this project is to achieve sustainable human livelihoods in rural areas in southern Kyrgyzstan.
We aim to
- introduce innovative and sustainable approaches for better long run life of smallholder farmers through identification and sharing of best practices
- introduce innovative and up-to-date low-cost farming and irrigation methods resulting in a higher production rate
- strengthen capacities of farmers, to improve their income, and in the long-run to reduce poverty
- increase ecologic stability
- decrease conflicts connected with water
- increase potential of stakeholders (Water Users Associations/ WUAs, regional administrations), to initiate cooperation between them, share of knowhow and resources
- increase productivity of water, cropping power of agricultural plants at the level of the field by means of improvement of intra-farm and field water management
- improve irrigation infrastructure
The project will be launched in spring 2014 and last for 24 months.
For further information, please visit the project website ngo-at-work.org/kyrgyzstan.